Our hearts go out to those affected by the deadly Northern California wildfires. We write to you, our members and friends, to inform you about ways to provide help and support to our neighbors.
To those in Sonoma and Napa counties, please see below for information regarding housing, assistance, and support.
- If you need a place to stay, some of our generous congregants have housing space available for evacuees. Please contact Diana Buchbinderor Karen Schiller.
- We’re actively checking in with congregants who live in the affected regions. If you have not heard from us yet please reach out by contacting Rabbi Copelandor by contacting our office.
- Airbnb’s Open Homesis also offering homes provided by Airbnb’s hosts.
- Jewish Family and Children Services in Sonoma Countyis gathering names of people and families in need of immediate support. If you, or someone you know lost your home or need urgent help, please contact them at email@example.com.
We’ve also partnered with San Francisco Hillel in donating supplies to several North Bay shelters in need. If you are joining us for services this Friday and would like to donate, please see below for a short list of items shelters are in need of. You are welcome to drop off your donated items Friday during our Shabbat services or take them to SF Hillel during business hours. If you’d like a full list of items to donate, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Toiletries, Feminine products
- Medical Supplies
- Non-perishable foods, bottles of water and Gatorade
- Homeware/Emergency Supplies, phone chargers
- Clothing, packaged underwear, shoes
- Cots/ blankets, yoga mats, air mattresses of the sorts
- Face Masks for breathing
To our members and friends who are in a position to provide help and support, below are a few other things you can do:
To help your local camp, Reform Camp Newman in Santa Rosa has been devastated by the fires. See a statement here: campnewman.org
Your Sha’ar Zahav community is here for you.