POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT YEAR (2021)
The World Congress of GLBT Jews: Keshet Ga’avah with our member organization, Keshet Deutschland, of Berlin are excited to welcome the public to an incredible conference from the 17th to the 19th of April. Registration is free. Please join us for Shabbat dinner at a small price payable on-site. Register for the conference to Keshet Deutschland or Marco Fiammelli.
The weekend will feature a Kabbalat Shabbat and Shabbat dinner, guest speakers, Jewish queer history, and the rare opportunity to meet and network with LGBTQ+ Jewish organizations and Rainbow Jews throughout Europe.
What We Do
The only truly global LGBTQIA+ Jewish organization with our volunteers reflecting the diversity of our member organizations from all over the world. We lend our collective voice to advocacy initiatives and support efforts of other global LGBTQIA+ organizations.
Recent Social Actions/Social Justice Efforts:
- 2018: Outreach to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu supporting equal surrogacy laws for all Israelis
- 2018: Supported equality language in the United Nations International Crimes Against Humanity Treaty
- 2019: Supported United Nations mandate to address violence and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity
We reach out to remote Jewish communities. In 2010, we helped translate training packages for LGBTQIA+ inclusion delivered to Buenos Aires. We connect smaller organizations with larger ones in hopes of achieving global equality for LGBTQIA+ Jews.
- 2019: 25th World Conference in Sydney, Australia, first event of its kind in Asia/Pacific
- 2019: Outreach to Modern Orthodox Yeshiva in New York supporting their initiative for gay inclusion
- 2019: Supported educational forum in Brazil focused on the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ Jews in today’s world
- 2020: Regional European Conference to support and provide networking opportunities to LGBTQ+ Jewish organizations and Rainbow Jews throughout Europe